EASY AND PORTABLE EGG FRITTATAS
“But, Chelsea, I don’t have time to cook,” is one of the most common excuses I hear when people tell me they struggle with eating a nutritious and balanced diet. So, here I introduce my EASY egg muffin recipe that you need to immediately add to your meal prep menu. Perfect for breakfast on the go or even for a mid-afternoon snack. These portable, macro-friendly muffins are delicious any time of the day. And did I mention, easy to make?
Makes about 6 egg muffins.
- 1 16oz carton of Southwest Style egg beaters (you can substitute real eggs, but this will change the macros, and adds in a little more work if you are rushed for time)
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 6 slices Prosciutto
- salt and pepper to taste
- PAM Olive Oil spray
- 6 cup muffin tray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tray with PAM.
- In a large bowl, mix egg beaters, kale, chives and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a piece of Prosciutto in each muffin cup.
- Divide the egg mixture between the muffin cups. Fill only 2/3 of each cup as the mixture rises when baking.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes and then lift out carefully with a fork. Note that the muffins will sink a bit.
MACROS for 1 egg muffin:
66 calories, 9.9 g protein, 1.1 g carbs, 1.8 g fat