Many people struggle with a “sweet tooth” due to lack of nutrition or current diets. In the spirit of busy schedules and nutrient timing, the following recipe is super filling and curbs your sweet tooth. It’s so simple, takes all of 10 minutes to create the batter and 1 hour to settle before eating!
Enjoy this recipe in many ways by substituting the chocolate chips for dried cranberries or dates which will also add more nutritional value.
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter (almond butter is an option)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of vanilla protein powder (your favorite)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Use a small ice cream scooper to scoop small “balls” out of the bowl
- Place each ball on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour
- Yields 32 small bites
- 2-4 bites per serving
- 8-16 servings per batch